Proxy error (got html instead of txt)

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:45 AM
Edited Mar 6, 2007 at 10:45 AM
I wrote it in the Code Project, but don't know if you still read it.

I have the same problem like someone from the codeproject forum (didn't write a name). Using the proxy BoFabio wrote, I'm getting back HTML (with links, like in a basic ftp browser) instead of text:

Screenshot of the error:
http://www.litrca.com/wc/pro2c/ftp_error.jpg

Can you help me with REGEX or any other solution

Thank you
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2007 at 2:05 PM
You have a proxy server or something at work, which is interfering with the normal FTP operation - it is intercepting the FTP response and converting to HTML..

If you look at the error in your jpg you'll see early on "HTML listing generated by SQUID 2.5.STABLE5" - seems that this is intercepting FTP listings and converting to HTML. See www.squid-cache.org

I am not sure if setting the Proxy setting will help or not, - I have no way of testing this (no proxy here). Any suggestions welcome
Mar 7, 2007 at 2:41 PM
Yes, it's Squid's fault. Searching all the internet for info, but there is very little info about this issue. I heard it may be possible to set squid to reply with plain text instead of html, but i'm not sure (waiting for a reply of an admin of the proxy server).
When it turns out that this is not possible, then i must write a regex (which i'm not familiar with), or an procedure for recognition of the html sentences in the <> brackets.

The problem is also that i have only 1 computer, so can't setup an proxy environment
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2007 at 2:07 PM

When it turns out that this is not possible, then i must write a regex (which i'm not familiar with), or an procedure for recognition of the html sentences in the <> brackets.

More complicated than that, you'd have to write an entirely new set of functions to process the HTML and disassemble all that.

You might be better trying to disable the proxy for FtpClient so that it goes directly to the FTP server. What happens if you use a normal FTP server eg. CuteFTP or ftp.exe ?