cannot load test project

Dec 17, 2007 at 6:08 PM
hello,

I am trying to load the solution and it throws the following error
"the project file D:\ftpclient-7922\FTPClient2\TestFTPClient\TestFTPClient.vbproj cannot be opened
The project type is not supported by this installation"

i tried opening it from the testFTPClient folder as well and it does not load the TestclientFTP project.

Please help.

thanks

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2007 at 9:16 AM

in2minds wrote:
hello,

I am trying to load the solution and it throws the following error
"the project file D:\ftpclient-7922\FTPClient2\TestFTPClient\TestFTPClient.vbproj cannot be opened
The project type is not supported by this installation"

The project you cannot load is a test project so I assume you are using an Express or similar version of Visual Studio that does not include the testing framework. The test project is for unit testing the library so it's not actually required to use the library.
Dec 24, 2007 at 1:20 AM
thanks for the response,

i am using visual studio 2005.

Well i am trying to use your library and i just cannot use the MTDM function to retrieve dates. As soon as i use the option set to true in listdirectorydetails function.
I get an error 505. Otherwise everythig else works fine.
The problem with my project is that the date and time is very important to download the files. I have a module written which gets all the directory listing and then sends a MTDM request for each filename. But since the directory has over 4000 files the listing takes over 4 - 5 mins to get all the results since it has to send 4000+ request to get the proper date format.
But when i use third party ftp they are able to list the directory details with proper date/time format within seconds.

Any suggestion would be helpful

Thanks

MM